Information and advice about buying foreign property abroad
- Do your homework on your chosen area. Make sure you are familiar with all the rules and regulations when it comes to buying in your chosen foreign market.
- Do a reconnaissance trip before buying any property to make sure there are no hidden repairs or maintenance works needed doing that will add to the cost.
- Do due diligence and don’t feel rushed into investing. Hasty decisions will cost you in the long run.
- Don’t overextend yourself. Examine your finances rigorously and make sure you can afford the property you are interested in, before making an offer.
- Dont assume you can do it all yourself. Research your chosen property market and get help from advisors and legal counsel you can trust.
- Don’t rely on the seller’s documentation. Have an independent consultant verify clearances, valuations and inspections.